I've been on a brownie kick the last few weeks. I made my first ever from-scratch batch of brownies a few weeks ago, and UH-Mazing. I decided to try the recipe again tonight, with a few substitutions to make them lighter (and ultimately, less points, as I am doing WW again). I'll probably replace more oil with applesauce next time. This was my first try, and I was a little nervous. But I couldn't tell a difference at all. I also will cut down on the semi-sweet morsels, probably to 1/2 cup.
1/2 Cup Butter, melted
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
3 Eggs
1 Egg White
1/4 Cup Cocoa
1 2/3 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup of Sugar Subsitute (I used Splenda)
1 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 TBL Rum
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Pecan Halves
1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Preheat oven to 350; lightly spray 2 mini cupcake pans with Pam. Mix butter, applesauce, eggs, cocoa and sugar until smooth. Stir in rest of ingredients. Spoon brownie mix into pan, so that each cup is 2/3 full. Bake 10-12 minutes, taking care that brownies do not overcook. Seriously...so good you'll want to cry.
Yields: 48 Brownie Bites at 3 Points Plus each.
No comments:
Post a Comment