Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Time is Here!







The holidays were extra fun this year, being able to celebrate as a couple! One of the things we looked forward to was decorating our Christmas tree together. Because we were going to be traveling so much in December, we chose to decorate early. We had planned to decorate Monday night when Jason got home from the office. Since Mondays are the only day I actually have by myself, I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to surprise Jason when he got home. I couldn’t wait for him to get out of the house that morning so I could get to work! I cleaned the house and went grocery shopping for a special dinner of his favorites: roasted chicken, pasta salad and green beans. I pulled out some Christmas decorations, our fine china, and had a roaring fire going when he got home. Since he was going to be dressed up from work, I dressed up as well. I couldn’t WAIT for him to get home! I kept looking out the window at the top of our front door to see when he turned into the cul-de-sac.
The table was set, candles lit, and Christmas music was playing softly in the background – the absolute perfect evening! After dinner we decorated our Christmas tree, and enjoyed reminiscing with each other about our own special ornaments. He topped the tree with a bow that my mom made years ago, since we didn’t have a star yet. Once the tree was decorated and lit, we had a slumber party in the den, and watched “The Santa Claus” and ate freshly baked Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This year I am so very thankful for so many things, and just REVELING in the blessings of marriage and LIFE. Two are better than one, and I am thankful to have a husband who loves me and loves the Lord. There is freedom in a love that comes from the unfailing love of God. May we NEVER take that or each other for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment