Thanksgiving this year was in TX at Rusty and Ellen’s house. Thanksgiving morning we woke up early and bought our first Christmas tree at Garden Ridge. (They were having a great sale!) Afterwards we braved the cold weather to get some exercise. We walked over to the track at the Middle School, and ran some laps and some stadiums. We made it home in time to watch the parade and make the cranberry sauce and mac-n-cheese for lunch. Jason put the tree together while I cooked. I loved seeing my hot husband putting our Christmas tree together, as we spent Thanksgiving together. What a wonderful blessing. I remembered all those holidays I spent as a single person, dreaming and waiting for the day I would have a husband to share these times with. I have to admit, there were times I didn’t think that day would ever come. But even in the occasional loneliness and discouragement, I trusted that God’s plan was better than mine. And that day, on Thanksgiving, watching my dreams become a reality, I knew his plan was much, much better than anything I could put together on my own.
On Friday, we went to Belton to spend the weekend celebrating with Jason's family. We had a great time visiting with them, and Kenneth and Patty, and having yet another Thanksgiving meal!! Yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment