Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Sweetie



No, this isn’t a sappy post about cutsie nicknames like “sweetie” or “schmoopie”. This is a post about my husband’s biggest weakness: his sweet tooth. I was told about this sweet tooth, but did not experience its power until after the marriage vows were said. Now, while I love real food, sweets have never been a weakness of mine. Give me mash potatoes over cake any day. But my hubby (there I go with the nicknames again) has to have something sweet daily. He was making pretty big claims about this pie he makes, and decided to prove himself. He went to the grocery store, and came home to begin the preparations. It was entertaining to hear the process, but when I heard a huge crash and a big exclamation, I knew something was not good. When I got to the kitchen, this is what I saw. Oh my word. I wasn’t even concerned about the mess – I was doubled over in laughter! The pictures don’t do the experience justice; the batter was bright, lime green, and shocking to see against our cabinets. Luckily we were able to salvage most of the pie (and it really WAS good!). As a matter of fact, he needs to make another one again soon! I guess “sweet tooth” is a contagious condition…

No comments:

Post a Comment