Jason’s Birthday! Jason insisted that we not make a big deal, and I’m still learning about what I can get away with when it comes to things like this. Since I was unsure, I decided to follow his wishes and keep it simple. I baked a Coconut Cake – one of those super involved cake recipes, that you hope is going to taste good enough to make the work worth it. And while it tasted pretty good, I still can’t get my coconut cake to LOOK like a real cake. Oh well.
That night we had dinner with one of Jason’s college friends, Gannon, and his wife Carrie. Instead of going out to eat, they invited us to their cute little duplex in Dallas. We brought roasted vegetables to go with the amazing grilled Salmon they made. We had such a great time with them. They are both doing internships right now, Carrie as a hospital chaplain and Gannon as a preacher. They spent last summer backpacking through Europe, and we loved hearing their stories. We were served sliced pears and cheese for an appetizer, and just enjoyed visiting before dinner. For dessert we had the coconut cake, and they even provided a few candles for the occasion! Gannon made some amazing French Press coffee, and was sat around and chatted some more. What a great night with “new” friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment