

Christmas vacation started early for me, as I flew to Lynchburg on December 15 to see Caleigh’s junior recital. I found an incredible deal directly to Lynchburg into the cutest little airport I’ve ever seen! Caleigh picked me up, and while she went to take her finals I crawled into her bed in the “dungeon” and slept like a rock for the next few hours. When she got home we got dressed for the recital, and headed out. It was in this great chapel that used to be Thomas Road Baptist Church. Her friends showed up with this awesome banner and we laughed so much the whole night. It was great to see Caleigh have so much support! Mrs. Edith and her sons were there, and she was so sweet. And the recital? Um, she ROCKED it. Seriously. She sang “10 Minutes Ago” from Cinderella, and a breathtaking version of “Great is thy Faithfulness.” I tried to record it all, but I was getting so swept up with her performance that I kept falling down on the job. I couldn’t hold the camera straight!! After the recital I went with Caleigh’s friends to a Japanese express restaurant and laughed some more. Back at Caleigh’s cute little house, I decided to stay up and read while she worked on a paper. Her roommate Jody was studying at the library, so it was just the two of us. Jody has this ridiculously funny bear costume, and Caleigh decided we needed to send a picture to her wearing it. We were laughing so hard, I don’t know how we got the picture we did. What a great visit – I am so very thankful to have had the opportunity to make this trip! Caleigh, Sarah and I drove down to Jacksonville, and the 9 hour trip went by so fast! What great girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment