Ever have one of those days when you have a craving so strong, nothing else will do? Well, today was that day for me, and salsa was the craving. All through church I was plotting how and where we could get salsa on our way home. I knew we had lunch fixings at home, so I didn't want to eat out...but I had to have some salsa.
We decided to stop by the grocery store for a jalapeno pepper, an onion, a lime and some cilantro. And while I love this salsa recipe, I wanted a finer, more processed salsa today. Here's what I did:
3 Roma Tomatoes
1/4 large jalapeno pepper (Adjust to your taste. We both agreed that I could have used more.)
1/4 Red Onion
1 small handful of fresh cilantro
1/4 Lime (juice only)
3 Tbl of plain tomato sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
I threw all of the ingredients in the blender, and we had salsa! Perfect!
I also made quesadillas. There is nothing earth shattering about this recipe, but it's one that I want to make again. Because I wasn't following a recipe, this is the easiest place for me to document what I did.
1 Chicken Breast
1/4 Onion, sliced
Montreal Garlic Chicken Seasoning
Ground Chili Pepper
1/2 Tbl Olive oil
1/2 jalapeno pepper, cut into strips
Slice chicken into thin strips, and sprinkle with seasoning and chili pepper. Heat oil in frying pan to medium high. Add chicken, and cook until done. Remove chicken, add onion and pepper to pan, and cook until onion is translucent.
Add some cooked chicken, onion, peppers to 1/2 a flour tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top, grill on panini press (or in a frying pan on the stove top) until tortilla is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with homemade salsa and sour cream.
This recipe made 3 filling quesadillas. We could only eat one each, so I have lunch tomorrow! Cheap and easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment