Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fettuccine Alfredo

One of Jason's favorite meals is chicken and veggie Fettuccine Alfredo (actually his favorite is bow tie pasta ) .  I never make it, because well, I have yet to master the art of making my own Alfredo sauce.  And it never occurred to me to use store-bought sauce.  I don't know why...it just didn't. 

Until tonight.  I bought some fresh Alfredo sauce from Tom Thumb, and I had a very happy hubby!  This is another ridiculously simple meal.  One that I probably don't need to write down, but it was such a hit I don't want to forget about it. 

3 Chicken Tenderloins
1/2 Onion
1 Carrot, shredded
1 Small Head of Broccoli, cut small
Alfredo Sauce (store bought or homemade)
Fettuccine (I used half whole wheat, and half regular)
Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
Little bit of chicken broth
Salt/Pepper

Heat about a TBL of olive oil in frying pan.  Put in chicken tenders, some of the onion, and the garlic, salt and pepper chicken to taste.  When pan gets too dry, add a few splashes of chicken broth.  Cook until chicken is done.

Remove chicken from pan, add enough chicken broth to cover bottom of pan, and add the rest of the onion and the other veggies.  Steam/Stir fry until done, and broth is evaporated.  Add chicken to veggies, and add a few tablespoons of Alfredo Sauce (we like just a little sauce.  you can add  as much as you prefer).  Serve veggies/chicken over pasta, and voila!  A one dish dinner!

Tonight we fancied things up a bit, and had a lovely platter of artisan bread, olive oil and herbs, and grapes as an appetizer.  We were enjoying a nice, quiet evening watching the Rangers in the World Series.

A great night, full of simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment