Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Night at the Meyerson

Thursday night Jason and I went to see Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers in Dallas.  It was our first time to the Meyerson Symphony Center, and we became instant fans!  Parking was a breeze, and our car was literally steps from the front door.   The Rangers are a bluegrass band from North Carolina, and after hearing them perform, Steve joined up and tours with them occasionally.  He made a point to note that they are not "his band," but rather he is "their celebrity."  They put on SUCH a great show!  Steve Martin was hilarious, and the music was wonderful.  As we were leaving that night, I had such a strong desire to tuck away to a cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains, with cool fall air and some hot apple cider.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, but here is a link to the band performing Jubilation Day on the View.  Hilarious.





No comments:

Post a Comment