Summer has come to an end...well, at least in schedule. It's still hot as blazes outside, and the cool of Fall seems so far away. But today was the First Day Back to School! Of course we weren’t affected, except for the traffic outside of our subdivision, but it was on our minds! Before I even got out of bed this morning, I prayed for all our favorite little ones (and their parents!) starting a new school year this morning!
• Gabriel, 4th grade
• Benjamin, preschool
• Emily, Kindergarten
• Joshua, 2nd grade
• Grant, Kindergarten
Speaking of school, I start subbing tomorrow! Our Christian School starts tomorrow, and the HS Geometry teacher is moving her daughter to college. On one hand I’m freaked out about subbing on the first day. But on the other, if I have to sub for Geometry, I am glad that it’s on a day where all I have to do is pass out textbooks! Because sine, cosine and tangent are NOT my friends.
We had a great week – one spent with lots of friends! Our friends Angie and David flew into DFW on Thursday, and Jason and I were able to enjoy a wonderful lunch with them at the Old West Café in Grapevine. We love it when they have a conference here!! I am so thankful that we’ve been able to visit with them so regularly over the last couple of years!!
Jason went out with the boys on Friday night, and Saturday morning I met my new friend Melissa for breakfast at the Main Street Bakery in Grapevine. Jason went to college with Melissa's husband, and reconnected when we ended up in the same Sunday School class together at our new church. We have enjoyed getting to know one another, and finding out how much we have in common! Saturday morning we walked around a few shops downtown, before heading to the movies to see The Help. I read the book last year, and the movie was just as good. Definitely one of my favorite books, and probably one of my favorite movies. Sooo good. Great food, great movie, and most of all, great company!
Sunday began a new chapter for Jason and me...we started teaching a High School Senior Sunday School Class. We have been praying about a place for us to serve together, and it worked out for us to teach Seniors! We are so excited, and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store! I am so glad to be working with students again!
Another exciting piece of news….We got a new TV console!!! I have been waiting for 2 years for this…and we finally found the perfect stand in a refinished dresser on Craiglist. Eventually we'd like to convert a top drawer into a shelf for the dvd player, but for now, here are the pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment