Friday, July 29, 2011

Waiting on Emma Grace!

Emma Grace made it clear that she works on her OWN time, by making us only THINK she was coming a week early, when in fact, she was a day PAST her due date!  We were all on pins and needles for almost two weeks.  Jason and I thought we might miss her birth when we were driving in on 7/22!  But when she didn't come...we continued to wait.  Poor Julie was essentially in labor for almost 2 weeks!  She was finally admitted to the hospital on Thursday 7/28, and we all were there for Emma's arrival!  It was a party in Delivery Room #10!  I felt bad - I kept asking Julie if she wanted us to leave, but she was so gracious and tolerant of all of us!  She's a better woman than I am!  After a while they sent us all home, because Emma still wasn't in a hurry to get here.  We got a call at 4:30am Friday, so Gabriel, Mom and I went back up...only to be sent home again later that morning.

 

 

 

We went back up later that day with the kids, but needed to get the kids out ofMom and I took Millie, Benjamin and Gabriel to Toys R Us to waste a little time, and entertain them.  Afterward we took them home to get a little nappy nap (but not before a couple of stories from Uncle Jason!).

 

I woke them up after an hour, because it looked like things were speeding up at the hospital, and we hurried back.  Only for things to slow down AGAIN.  EMMA!!  EVERYONE decided to leave for dinner, leaving only Kathy and Julie at the hospital.  I ran home to pick up Jason, and the rest of the gang arrived at McCalister's for a quick supper.  They put their order in, only to becalled BACK to the hospital, and this time it was for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment