Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Dinner Party




After almost a year, we finally had Gannon and Carey over for dinner! And can I just say again how much Jason and I love hosting together!
On the menu:
Fall salad with apples, blue cheese, walnuts and homemade balsamic dressing
Lasagna (Angelo’s recipe, of course!)
Homemade french bread with olive oil and Italian herbs for dipping
Sweet Tea
Chocolate Rum Cake and coffee

Jason and I had a great time preparing the house and the food for our friends’ arrival. They were driving from Dallas, so traffic was a nightmare at 6pm. It took them longer than expected, so Jason and I had some time just to chill and chat before they arrived. It was nice: dinner done, candles lit, music playing, both of us dressed up, and just talking about our day and our week.
Once Gannon and Carey made it, we enjoyed a nice, leisurely dinner together, catching up and talking life. Afterward my sweet husband washed all the dishes, except of course the crystal which he wanted no part of. =) We are so thankful for these times and our friends. We hope to host many more dinner parties together in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment