Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day 2010

Labor Day is traditionally my “girls weekend,” however two of our girls were home with precious new babies, so our trip was postponed this year. So Jason and I had a great day all to ourselves (which is different from every other day, how?? =) But it’s unusually for us to have weekday where he is not tied to his computer, so it WAS a little special!!

We woke up EARLLY, and went to the Jr High for my first Tennis lesson! I have tried many times in my life to play tennis, to no avail. But Jason is a great coach!! I learned how to hold the racket so my ball doesn’t go flying over the cage. I actually played decent, and had a great time! I can’t wait until my next lesson!
After tennis we went to the boat to see if we could get the motor started. I cleaned the cabin up a bit, while Jason worked on the motor. The sun felt amazing, and I just love feeling the bobbing of the water and sound of the breeze through the masts. There is continuous “clinking” noise as the wind blows the ropes into the poles. It’s a very calming place to be.

Since the motor was not going to cooperate, we took turns fishing from the back of the boat. I got a bite, but my line was tangled so I couldn’t get it in. I forgot how awesome fishing is – especially when you get a bite on your line, it makes you want to keep going!! I guess in that way it’s kind of like gambling…
We left the boat, and went to Lowe’s to research a few home projects we need to do soon. By then we were starving, and decided to try a barbecue joint inside a local gas station. (I’m embarrassed to admit we ate TWO meals from gas stations this weekend!). We drive by it all the time and it is always busy, so we decided to try out luck. And SUCCESS! It was delicious! We were kind of proud of ourselves for going outside our comfort zone to try something new.

After all of that activity, we were wiped! So we enjoyed the rest of the afternoon at home, just relaxin’. I missed my girls, but the weekend turned out to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment