Tuesday nights have become our ice cream night, since Tuesdays are $1 scoop night at Baskin Robbins. Last night we wanted to get out of the house, but didn’t really want ice cream. Jason suggested we go to the Marina, to check on the boat. We got out to the lake and the water was so perfect and still, there wasn’t much wind and no one was on the water. It didn’t take long for us to decide to take the boat out. It was our maiden voyage together – I don’t know how to sail, so we’ve always gone out with the Hatleys, so Jason and Jason can man the boat together (yes, they are both named Jason!). But last night we were full of courage, and Jason gave me my first sailing lesson. I have a LOT to learn, but want to so bad!! The water was perfect, the weather almost cool and it was just pure heaven out on the water. So quiet. Growing up near so much water, my soul craves it, and it was almost like going home!
One of the icky things about the boat right now is spiders. Everywhere. Now, I’m not any more afraid of spiders than I am any other bug, but I don’t like bugs. I don’t like thinking they are on me, or COULD be on me. So I was on spider patrol, spotting and killing them as quick as I could. There was a really big one on the mast, and Jason quickly said, “I’ll get that one.” I gave him my sandal, and he whacked it so hard that the spider AND my shoe went flying. Let me remind you, this was not a planned trip to the boat, so I was wearing CUTE shoes, not PRACTICAL shoes. New shoes. My favorite sandals, and a pair that Jason loves me to wear. So when it went flying, Jason almost jumped right in after it! I had to grab him to let it go – but he insisted we circle the area several times to try to rescue it, to no avail. Alas, the beautiful sandal sunk down, down, down to its final resting place on the bottom of Grapevine Lake.
After a lovely little jaunt around the lake, Jason and I slid the boat into the slip like pros. As we began our long walk down the pier to the marina, my sweet, sweet husband took off his right sandal and gave it to me, so that I would have two shoes, while he walked lopsided beside me. I felt bad taking his shoe, but he insisted, and I have to admit: it sure is nice being taken care of. Yeah, I like this marriage thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment