Nine months after we married, I am proud to announce that our books have finally tied the knot as well. One of the things I love about Jason is his love for reading. We both enjoy books, and most of our dates begin or end with a trip to the library or the bookstore. So you can imagine we have accumulated quite the collection, which have remained unorganized and thrown together on bookshelves throughout our home since I moved in.
Finally, I carved out an afternoon to combine our libraries, and to separate, organize and alphabetize our books. I enjoyed seeing titles of old books that I read, and books that Jason has read. As I looked at title after title of leadership books, financial books and bible studies that Jason has read over the years, I fell in love with him all over. Not only does he own these books, but every last one of them had been read and underlined and marked with scraps of paper. It was like reading through years of his journals, seeing the things that God was teaching him by what he chose to read. And once again I thanked the Lord for a man who searches after the things of God. I sure do love that guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment