Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day


Our first Valentine’s Day as a married couple! We celebrated on Saturday night; Jason made reservations at Café Italia in Grapevine. So yummy! We are on a quest to find our favorite Italian Restaurant, and it’s definitely in the running. As I was in the shower, getting ready for our date, Jason laid a dozen roses and a card on our bed for me. So very sweet. He also gave me a bag full of goodies he bought at Central Market, including chocolate covered strawberries! We video chatted with my parents and Benjamin and Gabriel before we left for dinner. We had a wonderful time, and just enjoyed being together.
On Sunday morning, I carried on my parents’ traditional Valentine’s Day breakfast. I pulled out my cute pink dishes, and made toast and eggs. We had parfaits in martini glasses made from homemade yogurt and fruit, and Jason’s flowers were a lovely touch to the table! I gave Jason his present: a huge bag of M&M’s, and a bible study on the Patriarchs that we are currently studying together.
We went to church, and then enjoyed our day of rest together. All in all, a wonderful Valentine’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment