Last week, Jason and I spent three days at Barton Creek. We arrived on Sunday, and spent the afternoon at the pool and exploring the property. After considering room service, we decided it would be nice to get out for a while. We picked up a couple of hamburgers from The County Line Barbecue restaurant for dinner. I don't know if was the excitement of the resort or if we were just super hungry, but those were the best hamburgers ever! ;D The restaurant had a great vibe and an amazing view of the hill country. Next time we are in Austin, we plan to eat in!
Before our trip, we had heard amazing things about the breakfast buffet, so imagine our disappointment when we were not even hungry enough to enjoy it Monday morning! The coffee and fruit was delicious though, and just what the doctor ordered. Jason had a tee time for 9:30, so when he headed out I made my way to the gym. After the gym, I set out to spend the ENTIRE day at the pool. Sunscreen, sun hat, umbrella and two books...I was set. Jason joined me around 2:00pm, and we ordered lunch from one of the waiters at the pool. If I could spell out my idea of the perfect vacation, the way I spent Monday would be it. Reading at the pool with people bringing me food and drink. The day was hot, but frequent dips in the pool made it bearable.
Jason reported that the course was one of the most fun that he has ever played! The pictures looked beautiful, and there were actually DEER on the course! He snapped a few pictures (look closely at the picture of the water bottle) and when we went back that evening we saw three more!!
Jason and I headed into Austin Monday night for salads at Chipotle, and a quick driving tour through the city. We saw the UT campus and the state capital building. We even caught the bats filing out of the Congress Street Bridge! What bats, you say? Oh, just about a million bats that fly out nightly from under the bridge to find food. Seriously...a million. There are so many that doppler radars actually pick them up as a fast moving cloud, and people line the streets to watch the 45 minute show. CRAZY.
Tuesday morning we found out that the breakfast buffet really is pretty amazing. We then hit the pool again to enjoy our last few hours there. After pool time we drove back into Austin for the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum. Jason said he wanted to go, but I think he just wanted to give me a lesson in Texas State History. ;D
On the way home Jason chose a milkshake from Health Camp in Baylor for a late lunch, and I chose a mini chicken sandwich from Collin Street Bakery. All in all it was a great mini-vacation. It felt especially indulgent to get away at the beginning of the week, and we enjoyed every second of it. Barton Creek was beautiful, and so very relaxing. We are already planning to go back!!
No comments:
Post a Comment