Mom and I met Corey, Julie, Millie Brittny and Millie's friend, Zeke, at Moe’s for dinner. After dinner, we went to pick up Gabriel and Benjamin from Awana’s. I picked up Ben first, and of course he was so cute and so sweet. He walked with me upstairs to get Gabriel and his friend Gregory. When we got to Gabriels room, I stuck my head in and when he saw me, he exclaimed, “CAMMI!” and grabbed his stuff and told Gregory to hurry up and get his stuff b/c his aunt was here. He rushed out and gave me the biggest hug with the biggest smile on his face. Man I love that kid.
As we were walking out, Benjamin said, “Gregory, this is Cammi. She lives in Texas and flew an airplane here.” Benjamin was convinced that I, myself, flew an airplane to Florida. He kept asking if he could see it, and if I needed to go pick it up to take to Grammy’s. When we got to the parking lot, he was looking all around, and finally said, “where is your airplane you flew from Texas?”
As we were walking back downstairs at church from Gabriel’s class, Ben told me he was going to ride the elevator, and I was going to walk the stairs. I thought about it, considered the risks, and felt like it was a fun little adventure for him, so I agreed. I made sure the button was pushed, watched the doors close and then bolted downstairs with Millie in my arms. I arrived just to hear “See Cammi! I rode the elevator by myself!” After that, the boy was pure GIDDY he was so proud of himself! He was telling EVERYONE!! So so cute.
We walked outside, and Benjamin was trying to convince Corey and mom to let him spend the night. When they agreed, he ran up to me, and when I picked him up he threw his arms around my neck and just started kissing me on the cheek over and over. So so cute. Then he stopped, grabbed my face, looked at me and asked, “Are you married?” We just started laughing so hard. When I said yes, he said, so do you kiss like this? And he proceeded to turn his head sideways, close his eyes and made the funniest kissy faces. Julie informed us that he saw some people kissing on the tv, and he made a comment about it, so Julie told him that only married people kiss like that. =)
Back at mom’s, Benjamin was being so cute and so sweet to me. He ate some rice and fruit (he had not eaten dinner yet), and afterwards we were going to watch a movie in his bed. After the cartoon was over, he asked me to lay with him. I laid with him a few minutes, and he said, “I smell your breath.” So I turned my head, and laid still for a few more minutes. It sounded like he was a asleep, so I brought my head back down to see if he was sound asleep. He didn’t move, but he whispered, “I smell your breath.” Hilarious. I kissed his head, and told him goodnight, and he said goodnight and was asleep! Just like that.
I wore a silver bead necklace tonight, and he wanted to wear it at one point. I put it on him, and he wanted his picture taken. I took a few pictures, then he got on the ground like a dog, and started wagging his “tail.” He kept saying, “take a picture of my butt!” Oh my.
No comments:
Post a Comment