To be honest, I was not looking forward to the fair. I am one of THOSE people who dislikes crowds, amusement parks, and anywhere I have to stand in line. Besides, fairs are dirty and smelly. However, the Texas State Fair proved me wrong. We had a blast!! I was so tickled by mom and dad...they were like little kids! They kept running ahead looking at booths, buying crazy fried stuff, and wanting to ride rides. We bought corndogs, a turkey leg (mom has always wanted to try one), fried cheesecake, cotton candy (for me) and dad even tried some fried beer (Gag! No worries...the alcohol was all cooked out, and it was about the amount of a thimble).
| I didn't really eat this...just tried a bite! =) |
| Fried Cheesecake! Yummy! |
| Yes it was huge, and yes it was so yummy!! |
| Dad getting the instructions |
Dad just got texting on his phone... Every few steps we looked around to find out where he was, and invariably he had stopped to send a text. =)
Before we left the three of us rode the Texas-sized Ferris Wheel. Oh boy was it high!! Kind of freaked me out to be honest.
What a fun day! We can't wait till next year!!
Joe T Garcia's was a must, so we drove to Fort Worth Thursday night for dinner. We sat outside, and again the weather was beautiful!! Dad and I had eaten there once when I was in seminary, but it was mom's first time. So yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment